02 May 2008

Going Green

So, the ever reaching arm of the "going green-ites" has finally made its way to a virtually unknown demographic...little-wood-men. In particular, Pan. Although I'm not fully sold on the pathological rantings of the former Vice President, who's research is based on shaky evidence by scandalous scientists, not to mention the earth has gone through natural warming and cooling periods since its creation, but then I was reminded of the fact my opinion was based on the research of a man who argues with the environmental views of a little-wood-man. I do agree with Pan as to being good stewards of our planet. I conceded to this point but in the same breath made it known there would be no tofu, incense, or tambourine playing-not that I have anything against tambourines but if any of you have been to my most humble home you will agree with me on the joy of the absence of tambourine. So if there is anybody out there who plays the tambourine...I think it is a noble instrument with a long and glorious history...there.. so I mean no offense.








After a long day of being green..because it's not easy (about five minutes, you got to start small:) when you're a little-wood-man) Pan takes a rest in the soft grass, communing with nature. Exploring commenced afterward followed by practicing his climbing and repelling skills (because you need skills...you know...skills) which will come in handy the next time he has to scale the side of a 55 gallon drum.

























All fun and no play a dull boy Pan would be.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your posts never leave me without a smile on my face and laugh-out-loud laughs.
As far as Pan goes...I am a bit over this Going Green bit that the media has been pushing. Every thing that is in the public eye has a motive beind it...and you gotta wonder what their's is.
On that same token, I do agree with your man Pan and yourself that we do need to be good stewards of our planet. So, pass the word onto Pan that I am proud of him for going the extra mile (scaling trash bins, and such) and picking up his community.

Andrea said...

Who would have ever thought that I could have been made to feel guilty by a little wooden man name Pan? But it has happened. Every time I hear or see someone go "green", I always say, "good for them. That's so nice. Throw an extra can in there for me..." I've just been to lazy to do it. I mean come on first you have to call to get the green bin, then you have to rince out all those cans and bottles used, and then you have to separate it. Now, that's a lot of work.
Then, Pan had to go and show me how hard HE is willing to work to save our planet. If a little wood man like him can go through all that (scaling a trash can for every single piece of trash), is my excuse really that good? I think not. So, Pan this is for you buddy....on Monday, I am going to call the city and having the green recycle bin delivered to my home. You've taught me a valuable lesson, "It all starts with one person, even if you happen to be made out of wood."

Mack Daddy said...

ah you tree hugger lol! i do agree we need to keep the planet clean! good for you kit and pan for caring!

whitney said...

Despite the fact that I do actually have quite a few soy/tofu products in my house (allergies will do that to ya), I too need to do better in the green-scheme of things. Seeing Pan's hard work makes me want to do my part. Next time, Pan, little buddy, I'll lift you up so you can throw the can away. How's that for helping the cause?

Andrea said...

Okay Pan, what have you been up to little one??? Are you creating too much mischief while Ms. Liberty is away. Give us a blog and let us know what you're up to. I'm starting to worry about you!

Anonymous said...

I have to hand it to you Kit. Overall I'm very impressed. You and Pan are the Ultimate Duo. It's good to see him trying to save the world one coke can at a time. Keep it up.