24 April 2008

Out and About

After coming up with the idea of Pan and then posting a blog about him and then the reaction that i got...not knowing that people would be so interested in the life of Pan... I found myself unsure as to where to go with this. I didn't know if i should just post pictures of Pan doing his Pan thing, if I should make a story about his life we (including me) could follow, or if there was some other way of presenting Pan to the world. You know, seeing were his potential lies. Maybe...maybe he would be an astronaut or or maybe a spokes little-wood-person for all the other little-wood-men or little-wood-women, out there whose voice hasn't been heard. The little-wood-men sitting on the artist desks and drawing tables putting in long hours with no pay and very little attention and NO RECOGNITION FOR THE WORK THAT THEY DO...I think that i have digressed a little. Needless to say, i still don't really know what path to go down, but I did decide Pan and i need to spend a little time together.


While we were out i had another epiphany. Every group, group meaning more than one person, has to go through a series of phases. Pan and I are in the Norming Phase-
-At this stage, group members will be uncertain of the group's structure and its goals or a strategy for achieving them; they will as a result be quite dependent on the leader.
...I guess I'm the leader-but...let's leave our options open.

There is still Storming, Norming and Conforming phases to get through. We'll see were they take us, but while you wait we have some pictures of our outing.


Even a little-wood-man can mourn over gas prices!


Pan showing me how hard it can be (sometimes) to be a little-wood-man in a human world. Kind of hard to call your Peeps in China if the phone is bigger than you.


...? your guess is as good as mine. He gets weird like that sometimes.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

What can I say, but that your blog has become one of my "must go and read" thing. Thanks for the laughs. BTW, I think the bigger deal about the pay phone is that Pan actually FOUND one! I thought they were nearly non-existant. LOL. Thanks for making us stop to think about a little wooden man and Pan and to be thankful for those who created him! Smile...

Anonymous said...

Okay, so your little man, Pan, made me laugh-out-loud. However did he cope w/o Kit in this world to help him reach pay phones and such?? Pan and Kit aren't the only ones suffering and crying over high gas prices either...sniff, sniff.

Ashlee said...

This is too funny and brought me to tears. I made my co-workers come in and read it. They too are now interested in the life of Pan. Where will he go next?

Mack Daddy said...

Kit you rock! you bring a smile every time i look at your blog thanks bud! i cant wait to see what you and pan do next! oh and by the way no kidding on crying on gas, heck filling up my truck is like $95 it sucks !!!! lol