27 April 2008

Pan or W.A.M.?

Pan and I have been spending a lot of time together. I have been taking him everywhere in the car, to the store and on a road trip. Yes, I even took him to Wal-mart... he enjoyed it but I had to tear him out of the produce section. The guy just really loves fruit...not necessarily to eat..he just loves fruit...? I got some weird looks at the store but I don't mind. So far nobody has approached me as to what I am doing. I haven't even come up with an answer yet. I think I'm going to play it off as normal like "What, you don't have a Little-wooden-man who has a strange fascination with commercially grown produce?" or (shrug) "Hey, this is America." or maybe I'll stare at their left ear until they leave. As you can tell, I really haven't come up with a good plan but that is just par for the course for me. I figure it out when I get there.

But it has been a fun ride so far and speaking of ride...on Saturday Pan and I went on a road trip. Our church went on a trip to the temple in Baton Rouge, LA with our youth group. We had to meet the bus our stake rented at the church building at 0500. So Pan and I had drag our sleepy heads out of bed at 0345. Why that early? Mostly because Pan had to get ready. I know...you wouldn't think that a little-wood-man would need much prep work but you would be suprised!



Pan slept most of the way. While I was in the temple Pan stayed in the car and I warn you never, and I mean never, leave a little-wooden-man in a car for more then two hours- things get nasty...Trust Me! All in all we had a great time and I didn't leave without snapping a few pics.

Another person in the car suggested we rename Pan to W.A.M. (Wooden Articulated Man) I don't know...what do you think?

Caught him snoozing again on the way home. cozy, huh. But-I did have to get onto him for neglecting to wear his seat belt. Safety first, you know?!



3 comments:

Andrea said...

It gets better every time! I was laughing so hard and loud. Here is my input:
1) If people question: Definitely stare at their left ear (although do this with caution).

2)You can't change his name. He is Pan! Don't you think that might cause some confusion? One day everyone is calling you Pan, the next day W.A.M. Trust me on this. Ask Ariel what happened when a boy in her class legally had his name changed from Lowell to Toni!
I'm telling ya. That's just how it is: when you have a baby and name him, everyone else wants a piece of the name pie. My response is:Get your own! LOL

Mack Daddy said...

kit man you make my day! i smile so much after reading your posts and if anyone comes up finaly totaly play it off like normal and be like what you lookin at! or stare at their left ear! and heck no dont change his name pan is pan and that is how is known he is pan the little wood man! love you dude

whitney said...

I'd go w/answer #1: "What, you don't have a Little-wooden-man who has a strange fascination with commercially grown produce?"

As for the name thing, you just can't change it now. It could cause some major identity confusion or something.